Comment on page
13 November: Side panel and sidebar improvements
We’ve made getting information about your space more consistent, and improved the sidebar to make it easier to browse and copy your content
We’ve made some big improvements to the side panels that give you information about your space:
- We’ve replaced the sidesheets on the right of the interface with new side panels for better consistency across the app. You’ll see them when you open files, history, comments, page options or change request info.
- The Comments side panel now includes filtering for individual pages, as well as for open and resolved comments.
- The Change Requests panel also include filtering for all change requests, or only change requests that you personally have started.
But that’s not all! We’ve also made some smaller improvements to the sidebar to make it easier for you to navigate your content:
- Collections will now appear with an icon in the sidebar, so they sit more neatly alongside spaces and are easier to differentiate.
- We’ve also improved the Copy feature in the options menus for collections and spaces. If you click the options icon next to a collection or space name in the sidebar, you can easily copy its link, ID or title.
- You’ll see improved performance when loading spaces after their initial load.
- We’ve added the option to get and update space customization settings to the API.
- You can now create collections and publish content using the API.
- We’ve changed emoji behavior for new spaces. Now the chosen emoji will be random, rather than based on your space title.
- We’ve added a button to make it easier to trigger GitBook AI from a standard search query.
- We’ve also improved the appearance of search results to make them easier to parse, including adding new icons.
- Fixed an issue when batch importing multiple files.
- Fixed an issue with copy and pasting content in an OpenAPI block.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent you from toggling the Inherit customizations option in a collection.
- Fixed a bug that stopped you from scrolling if you were writing a long comment.
- Fixed a bug that could stop people pasting content into the editor.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when deleting pages with cross-links one after the other.
- Fixed a spacing error at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Fixed overlapping icons in the notifications panel on mobile.
- Fixed an oversized alert on the notifications icon.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent a user getting an @ mention in a change request
We’re constantly working on improving the way you and your team work in GitBook, and value your input on features, bugs, and more. Make sure you head to our official GitBook Community to join the discussion!
Last modified 18d ago