Comment on page
22 August: Member management and more
We’ve made it easier to manage members in your organization, plus made some other useful improvements
We know that maintaining a knowledge is about everyone having the right access to add and access information when they need it. So with this release, we’re making it easier for you to view and manage your team members.
The new Member Settings page gives you more information at a glance. In the member list you can see each member’s role, last seen date and SSO status. You can also see an overview of the spaces each person has access to — you can click the number to find out more.
If you’re on our Pro or Enterprise plans, we also show how many teams the member is part of, and you can find out more with a click. And it’s easier to enforce mandatory SSO across your organization thanks to a new setting.
We’ve also redesigned the Teams page in Organization settings to make it easier to create and manage teams. It shows all the teams in your org, and you can click on one to see all the members. From here, you can add or remove members in bulk for fast team management.
- You can no access information about your organization’s teams and team member’s subscriptions through the API. And you can use the API to update team lists, add or remove member, or create new sets of members.
- You can now trigger the Insert block menu by just hitting / on your keyboard. Before you had to hit Cmd+/.
- You can now change the page cover from the page cover menu.
- Integration authors can now build customer configuration screens for space-level installations.
- When you open a space or change request that has a Git Sync error, you’ll now see a modal explaining the error.
- Embedded blocks will no re-render as integration blocks if you’ve installed a matching integration on the space.
- We’ve simplified the Integrations menu by splitting tabs based on the context.
- Fixed a but that prevented diff view showing diff content.
- Fixed an issue with images and files breaking temporarily when updating files.
- Fixed an issue that caused some change requests to show broken links for content references.
- Fixed a bug that could duplicate entries in the Change history menu.
- Fixed a crash that sometimes happened when reopening an inactive GitBook tab.
We’re constantly working on improving the way you and your team work in GitBook, and value your input on features, bugs, and more. Make sure you head to our official GitBook Community to join the discussion.
Last modified 2mo ago