27 April 23: Image resizing, private spaces and more
More editor changes with image resizing and the introduction of private spaces in an organization.
In our last changelog update, we mentioned that tons of improvements are coming to the editor, and today we reveal another one. Image resizing gives you more control over your pages and how they look, to make your documentation stand out. We've also taken this time to get rid of some nasty bugs.
You now have more control over the sizing of your images. You always had the option to show the image inline or its original size. Now you can control the sizing of an image block as well.
You have a few options:
- Full - the image takes as much space as possible
- Large - 75% of the image size
- Medium - 50% of the image size
- Small - 25% of the image size
This is also available through Git Sync where you can specify a percentage or pixel value for the resize.
Hover over an image block to see the new resizing option.
Even when working with an organization, you have notes that are private to you and don't need to be shared with your team. Thinking of that, we released a private section to all organizations where you can create spaces that are only accessible to you.
Those spaces can't be published or shared with anyone, making them the perfect choice for those meeting notes, personal to-do lists, and more.
You now have a private section alongside your team spaces
A few private spaces created
- Add the ability to create private spaces
- Add a private section for users in organizations
- Allow users to import directly into private space.
We've also made improvements to the following:
- Added SSO property to org members API.
- New badge to Organizations' member list showing whether members are disabled or not.
- Increased to 10 the maximum number of header links in Customization options.
- Added the OpenAPI block's expanded option support in Git Sync.
- Added drag and drop capability for multiple selected blocks.
Below is a list of bug fixes also included in this release:
- Fixed a bug preventing the installation of integrations in Organizations.
- Fixed a bug where Organization members couldn't access spaces using Firefox.
- Fixed the share modal button being unresponsive when the comments side dialog is open.
We're constantly working on improving the way you and your team work in GitBook, and value your input on features, bugs, and more. Make sure you head to our official GitBook Community to join the discussion.